Description & Price: € 59 / 2 Hours
Athens is an open-air museum making the Segway the perfect vehicle from which to experience it! You can discover the passage from past to present with this unique tour!
Your experience begins at our office, conveniently located near the Thission. Your tour leader will start with a 30-minute training session to help you get comfortable on your Segway. Within minutes you’ll realize just how easy and intuitive it is!
Once you have your bearings – we’ll roll through the pedestrian street around the hill of Acropolis so as to meet the “Roman” part of the city, where the temple of Zeus and the gate of Andrian stands. Then we will visit the first modern Olympic “village”, the Zappion mansion and the Panathinaikon Stadium, to discover where the first modern Olympic Games took place and then we will glide on the national gardens, to ease our minds, like kings and queens used to do!
A sure highlight of the day is the presidential guards, with their unique and meaningful uniform. Right before heading back, you will have the change to get a picture next to the guards, a must-do, here in Athens!
If you are looking for a fun, eco-friendly way to discover the best that Modern Athens has to offer in just a few hours – we’re sure you’ll love our Modern Athens Segway Tour! You’ll cover more ground and see more without the effort it would take the cover the same route on foot. All tours depart from and end at our office near the Thission where a bathroom, free Wifi and water are available to all of our guests.
- Minimum age to ride a Segway is 10 years
- Customers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
- Segways are not suitable for guests who weigh under 100 pounds (45 kilos) or over 250 pounds (113 kilos)
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- Please do not carry large bags whilst on the Segway
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Please note: We do not visit the inside of the archaeological sites on this tour.
WHAT TO BRING
- Your best smile!
- Comfortable shoes
Tour goes forward, rain or shine (don’t worry, if they are needed – we’ll bring the poncho’s!). If you would like to cancel your tour or modify the date, we require notification at least 72 hours before your departure time. Refunds will not be provided for changes or cancellations made after this time.