Ancient Athens Tour
Price & Duration: € 59 / 2 Hours
Glide effortlessly through the wonders of ancient Athens, on your (own) segway! You’ll travel up and down the most beautiful of Athens seven famous hills, covering must-see sights such as the Mars hill, Acropolis hill and ancient agora.
Your experience begins at our office, conveniently located near the Thission. Your tour leader will start with a 30-minute training session to help you get comfortable on your Segway. Within minutes you’ll realize just how easy and intuitive it is!
Our tour will start by visiting the area where, in antiquity, everything ended! Keramikos area was the ancient cemetery but also one of the entrances to Athens. Then we will follow almost the same path with ancient Greeks to visit the ancient Agora, the heart of ancient Athens and the Roman forum.
Without breaking a sweat, we’ll drive over to our next stop, the most important one, Mars hill and the entrance to the Acropolis. Take in the sight of this majestic world icon from your unique viewpoint on a Segway as we visit from outside. This is a perfect photo opportunity! But wait… there is more!
From here, we’ll easily ride up the Pnyka Hill — no tired feet! — and discover its off-the-beaten track terraced area where democracy was born and follow the path that leads on to Athens’ and(Acropolis) best panoramic view.
If you are looking for a fun, eco-friendly way to discover the best that Ancient Athens has to offer in just a few hours – we’re sure you’ll love our Ancient Athens Segway Tour! You’ll cover more ground and see more without the effort it would take the cover the same route on foot. All tours depart from and end at our office near the Thission where a bathroom, free Wifi and water are available to all of our guests.
* Minimum age to ride a Segway is 12 years
* Customers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
* Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
* Segways are not suitable for guests who weigh under 100 pounds (45 kilos) or over 250 pounds (113 kilos)
* It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
* Please do not carry large bags whilst on the Segway
* Not recommended for pregnant women
* Adult pricing applies to all travelers
* Please note: We do not visit the inside of the archaeological sites on this tour.
* Helmets (optional)
* Tour guide
* Entrance fees
* Hotel pick up and drop off
* Food and drinks
WHAT TO BRING
* Your best smile!
* Comfortable shoes
Tour goes forward, light rain or shine (don’t worry, if they are needed – we’ll bring the poncho’s!). If you would like to cancel your tour or modify the date, we require notification at least 72 hours before your departure time. Refunds will not be provided for changes or cancellations made after this time.